New iPad 3: Retina display, smart A5X, 5 megapixel camera and iPhoto
As expected, Apple introduced the evening’s successor iPad 2 which, contrary to expectations, is not called iPad 3 or iPad HD … but the “new iPad” or “iPad thied generation”.
Tim Cook, who replaces Steve Jobs at the head of Apple, as is the tradition inaugurated the event by a point on the vision and the market for the company he runs. The CEO has focused on what Apple calls “post-PC era”, which the iPad is the embodiment and the first two versions have gone to 172 million copies. Faced with Android tablets more accomplished technically, this success is the iPad more than 200 000 applications optimized for ergonomics.
iPad 3rd generation
But Phil Schiller, vice president of marketing at Apple, was quickly replaced Tim Cook to introduce the new model:
- Retina display a definition of 2048 x 1536 pixels, a resolution of 264 pixels per inch, also offering a higher saturation of 44%
- Apple A5X SoC CPU to GPU and dual-core to four units
- iSight: CMOS sensor dorsal retro-exposed 5-megapixel, optical and infrared filter to 5 lenses, face detection, Full HD 1080p video with software stabilization
- Siri and dictation, as the iPhone 4S
- cellular connectivity: support for HSPA + (21 Mbps) and dual-carrier HSPA + (42 Mbps) in addition to the HSPA (7.2 Mbps) for Europe and even 4G LTE peaking at 73 Mbps for United States. Support for connection sharing as the iPhone.
- autonomy of 10 hours in standard and 9 hours when working on 4G
- 9.4 mm thick, 635 g
The new iPad uses the fee schedule of his predecessor, that is to say 500, 600 and 700 dollars for Wi-Fi models 16, 32 and 64 GB, and 630, 730 and 830 dollars for the same models 3G/4G. It will be available March 16 including the United States, France, Switzerland and Germany, and March 23 in many other countries, including Belgium.
The iPad 2 meanwhile will remain available for sale but only 16 GB capacity for $400 with Wi-Fi version or $ 530 version of Wi-Fi + 3G or $100 less than up at present.
The iPad’s screen is a thing of beauty. They are also extremely durable thanks to the Gorilla Glass used, but that doesn’t mean they are impervious to damage. Should something happen and you need a replacements, check out this wholesale laptop screen store, where you can source a replacement screen and fit it yourself with the help of some online tutorials. It’s a relatively easy fix and is going to cost less than the alternative.